Sunday, August 24, 2008

Meme-ing again, naturally.

As seen at New Kid's and Dr. Crazy's.

1. My uncle had a green thumb, but lived in a small urban duplex with little chance to use it.

2. Never in my life would I own a ferret. My brother had one, and they smelled really bad. Yuck.

3. When I was five, I broke my wrist falling from (wait for it) a swing in my backyard. I did, however, score a perfect 100% on my math test with my other hand, which made me want to take all math quizzes with my other hand.

4. High school was one of my best times, with lots of friends and good experiences.

5. I will never forget kissing my gf for the first time. She made my knees weak...literally.

6. Once I met Urvashi Vaid. She was incredibly friendly, smart, and warm. I left very impressed.

7. There’s this boy I know who wrote a book that is being made into a movie.

8. Once, at a bar, I got hit on by a waitress. I was so young, however, that I didn't know that what she said was a come-on. A friend had to tell me.

9. By noon during the week, I am usually in my office. On the weekends, I could still be unshowered and watching TV.

10. Last night I was happy that the gf and I were both home, with no outside plans and no damn orientation events!

11. If only I could find a band to sing in or a musical to audition for, I would be very excited to give up some free time to sing in public again.

12. Next time I go to church is pretty hard to predict. As a Jew, I have no real plans to go, but sometimes we go to church to hear a friend preach or sing.

13. What worries me most is whether my visit with my family will be fun and relaxed or...something else.

14. When I turn my head left I see the beautiful fireplace that sold me on the house.

15. When I turn my head right I see the stairs that make the gf wish we had never bought the house.

16. You know I’m lying pretty much whenever I'm lying. I'm a shitty liar. (I stole that whole line from Crazy, but it fits for me. My gf teases me when I try to lie.)

17. What I miss most about the Eighties is my cool, highlighted, permed, big hair. :-)

18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be Kate in Taming of the Shrew. Or I would be Puck, from A Midsummer Night's Dream.

19. By this time next year I have no idea where I will be. I may apply for a new job, or I may stay here.

20. A better name for me would be Ms. Bossy Britches.

21. I have a hard time understanding people who own birds. Ick.

22. If I ever go back to school, I would learn Spanish or get a law degree.

23. You know I like you if I hug you. I am not a casual hugger and I don't really like people in my space. So, if I feel the need to hug you, you are definitely one of my peeps.

24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be the gf.

25. Take my advice, don't talk to people about your latest weight loss plan and/or diet. It is tiresome. Seriously.

26. My ideal breakfast is different on different days. If I have to work, I just want a little something like half a bagel. If it is a weekend or I am on vacation, I want an omelette and fresh fruit.

27. A song I love but do not have is the Soundtrack from "Hairspray." You can't stop the beat.

28. If you visit my hometown, go for the cheesesteak. Seriously, it rocks da muthafuckin house!

29. Why won’t people stop voting against their self-interest and vote Democrat instead???

30. If you spend a night at my house you may hear us talking, and we may hear you. We found that the vents conduct sound too easily from room to room and floor to floor.

31. I’d stop my wedding if I were marrying the wrong person. Luckily, I am domestically partnered with the right girl, and if I marry her, there would be no reason to stop.

32. The world could do without handguns.

33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than ... WTF???!! That is nasty. I wouldn't even want to do that in a dream.

34. My favorite blondie is the gf, though there is some argument about her status as a blonde. (Age has washed it out a little...)

35. Paper clips are more useful than my allergy medicine seems to be. What's up with that?

36. If I do anything well it's singing.

37. I can’t help but feel pissed when people don't do what they say they will, or when they try to tell me what to do and how to do it.

38. I usually cry at sad movies.

39. My advice to my nephew/niece is remember to be your own person.

40. And by the way, go Obama!

No comments: