Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Okay, I have officially:
  • eaten too much
  • been subjected to in/out-law stress and joy
  • played my niece's new music on the piano
  • engaged in a night of drunken singing with the out-laws and their in-law families
  • not done any damn work
  • enjoyed myself
  • rested
  • seen a movie (the feel-good tear-jerker, "We are Marshall") and plan to see at least one other
  • visited with friends

It is the perfect holiday experience!

That said, the work is looming large and may get a little attention tomorrow and Friday. Gotta give in sooner or later.

I have been reading Obama's latest book, "The Audacity of Hope," which is not earth-shattering, but could be quite thoughtful and reflective in places. It actually is a little boring in places, too, but he usually gets out of it with a story. I like the way he talks about the policymaking process. I may assign the politics chapter to students...

I will write more about it later. Gotta go to see "The Good Shepard..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking forward to reading Obama's new book, but haven't heard the greatest reviews about it. I hope you'll write more about your thoughts on it, maybe it will get me excited about buying it again!