Tuesday, March 18, 2008

How about just plain audacity?

Okay, I just need to write and say that Obama is amazing. His speech on race in Philadelphia is incredible. His thoughtfulness about this topic, and his hope that we can actually engage the issues of race and community, is one of the reasons I support him.

Please, if you do nothing else today, go read the speech at the New York Times website.

I talked to a friend the other day, a Hillary supporter, who actually told me that if Obama wins the nomination, she is not sure she can vote for him. I hope, after she reads this speech, she might reconsider.
He is definitely who I want answering the phone at 3am, making decisions for our country, and representing us abroad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more! He was put in a terrible position by the media over the past few days. But he has responded with characteristic equanimity and intelligence.