- I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
So, here are 8 interesting tidbits about me:
- In one of my various (small-town) work settings, my therapist was also my yoga instructor. Holistic, anyone?
- As a younger person, I worked at an amusement park for several summers, wearing a lovely polyester short set in 90-degree heat and working in the "games" area (pitch a quarter, throw a ring, shoot the water at the clown's mouth, etc.). I eventually became a manager there (this role clearly marking the beginning of my administrative prowess)...
- I had a baby grand piano in my bedroom growing up. Luckily, I was in a room far from the other bedrooms, so no one heard me playing in the middle of the night!
- I toured Jamaica and Barbados as a lead singer with a large jazz band, where we were paid with lodging and booze.
- I once performed in a benefit show on Broadway and backed into what I thought was a piece of the scenery. It turned out it was Tommy Tune. (He is a really tall dude!)
- I play an eclectic variety of Broadway show tunes, Christian praise music, and lesbofeminist rock in my car. (For some reason, the gf would rather control the music when we travel together.)
- I broke more pyrex during my one year of chemistry than any other student in the history of my high school.
- I will save the most embarrassing point for last: I am a huge "Charmed" fan. It helped sustain me when the gf and I lived apart for one year while she was in school and I was in our new home. I watched the morning reruns to get my depressed butt out of bed, and I came home from work and watched the afternoon reruns as a reward for going to the office. And the new episode that week was a special treat. I have a theory that Charmed is the successor to "Little House on the Prairie." The girls from Little House move out to San Francisco, the parents die/leave, the girls get to wear cool, sexy clothes, and they find out they are witches. Just like Little House, Charmed offers a lesson in every show, with smart strong young women characters. And yes, I am Piper (who is, in fact, the Laura character from LH).
For my choices, I pick Dean Dad, Evil HR Lady, New Kid on the Hallway, Profgrrrrl, BitchPhD, and Dr. JTN. Sorry to only get 6 of 8, but my knowledge of bloggers is limited, especially since some of my favorites nominated me or have already done this meme.